Friday, August 29, 2008

If You Can't Take the Heat...


desert
Originally uploaded by steve phillips
Used under a Creative Commons License
I began to cross the burning desert, basking only in the shade from the brim of my pith helmet.
The sun beat down lending a liquid shimmer to the air. I was prepared, I thought. I knew the dangers of dehydration and the serious mind tricks it can play. I took a quick sip from my Camelbak and started my journey.

Actually, I had to run to the doctor's office about 5 miles away. The AC in my car is not in good shape and it is about 92 degrees outside today. I thought I was going to die. I remember as a child running all over town in the heat of the summer. If we got a little warm, a quick popsicle fixed everything and we went right back to our bike or up a tree. I'm not sure if it is my age or what, but I just can't take the heat like I used to. When I finally got home, Hubby fixed me an iced drink and I just collapsed for awhile.

I live for central air conditioning! I think I will just hunker down here until Fall.

No comments: